Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tattoos

I was reading a post of Kevin Cornell's recently, about tattoos. I am of the same opinion as him when it comes to permanently inking my skin: if I were to do it, the tattoo would be drawn by me (or someone I know) and it would be useful to some degree.

Then I started thinking about what I would get if I had to get a tattoo, and here's my list, in no particular order:
  • The imperial scale, or a ruler. I can't tell you how many times I've searched in vain for a scale in order to measure a particular element in a drawing. If I had it tattooed on my forearm, problem solved!
  • To Do List. This might possibly be my favorite idea. It would basically just consist of "To Do" underlined, with unchecked boxes underneath it. Better even, would be a tattoo that merges my love of lists with my love of post it notes. Just get a yellow (or other color) post-it note tattooed on the inside of my forearm, complete with a corner curled up and shadow underneath.
  • Connect the dots. I don't know what image I would want it to look like, but it would look just like the "connect the dots" activities found in children's coloring books.
  • A list of CAD shortcuts, whether for AutoCAD, Rhino, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.

So, if you had to get one, what would you get?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A tattoo of a post-it note with a To Do List on it...sigh. That's *my* girl!
Lubboo!