Wednesday, September 10, 2008

T-Shirt Design

As is custom for the beginning of the year, I participated in the AIAS T-Shirt Design Contest. I've won the past two years, the first for an awesomely atrocious design done in the days before I owned the Adobe Creative Suite. Man, those were the days. Last year's shirt was fun, but entirely too time consuming to be redone this year. This year, there were a lot of participants.

My design was simply a sentence in large, capped font, stating "Some of my best friends are sustainable" in a light green to dark green gradient. It sort of pokes fun at the desire for every designer to be considered "green friendly" by using the "Some of my best friends are [insert minority here]." It would be printed on an American Apparel Organic Fine Jersey Tee, natural color (meaning white) with a really neat green stitch detail. If you click the photo, you'll see the detail photos at the bottom.



Sadly, I didn't win. Took third, actually. But there's an upside. Both Kelsey and Amy (my roomies) really liked the design, and they are the President and VP of Landscape Architecture's version of AIAS, the ASLA. They're going to put it up for voting when they do their t-shirt contest. If it wins, I get a free shirt. If not, I may consider printing it myself because I am in love with that stitching detail on the AA shirts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean when they die, you can recycle them into coasters or something? Or does it mean your friends are made out of solar panels?

Exclamation Kate said...

Haha, it would be funny to be able to say, "Yeah, you can just put your drink on Phil."

Anonymous said...

i want one too