Monday, June 9, 2008

Short for Kathryn Howell III

I've been having to do a lot of things in preparation for my upcoming study abroad in Copenhagen, such as making payments, ordering luggage, reading up on Denmark, arranging my flight, sketching like a madwoman, picking housing, uploading my transcript, etc. etc.

Well recently, I had to submit a photo of myself to DIS so that I could be issued a student ID. This is actually quite thoughtful of them, seeing as the alternative would be to catch us off guard and bleary-eyed after a 13-hour transatlantic flight. So I took some shots with my shnazzy camera and hooked her up to Beatrix (as in Beatrix A. Macbook). And what did I find, other than the ungodly horrors of what a wide angle can do when it's two feet away from its subject? Pictures from Chi-Town! Enjoy!

First up, beautiful shots of the city:











Next, some B&W:











I still have a lot to learn about my camera. Ashleigh, my sister-in-law, has already given me some very useful tips about settings I didn't even know I had, so she's to thank for some of these actually turning out semi-decent.

And yes, that was Panic at the Disco a week BEFORE I saw them in St. Louis. We happened upon them very much by accident while trying to find Paper Source, the most beautiful store I have ever laid eyes upon.

And here's just a little nugget I spotted while in a Tacky Tourist Shop:



Both spelled my way, I might add.

No comments: