Monday, June 30, 2008

First Danish Meal: Pizza!

It's 11:00pm here in Copenhagen. I'm 7 hours ahead of home, and it has been a very long day, so I'm keeping it short.

Ellen and I are in Copenhagen, and we're safe and well and housed. Our luggage, however, is not. All our clothes, shoes, toiletries, everything, was lost in the hell that was missing three flights (yes three) and rebooking several times. Luckily, I had brought an extra change of clothes, my glasses and contacts case, my computer and my camera with me on my carry-on.

So I'm beginning to believe that I was never meant to have any belongings.

The rest of my experience, though, has been a pretty good one. SAS Airlines gave me 125 Euros (or 936 DKK) for putting us on later flights, and I've been using it to buy cab fare and basic toiletries, but I've still got a hefty portion left. Oh, and I thank my dad for mistakenly getting me Euro instead of DKK because the detour the Frankfurt allowed me to use them to get a calling card to let DIS know we were going to be late and a converter/adapter for my laptop.

Tomorrow is my first experience on the metro. And apparently a couple of tours through Copenhagen, so I'm excited. Better stories and pictures from the flight and first night after I get me some real, honest-to-goodness, horizontal bed-sleep.

No comments: