Thursday, June 5, 2008

Big Plans

School has been over for a few weeks now, and the Summer Movie season is starting to get its groove on. There's a handy little guide to movies coming out this Summer over at firstshowing.net that gives release dates and previews.

So far, I've got 3 of the 22 under my belt: Ironman, which was uh-mazing; Prince Caspian, which was very entertaining; and Indiana Jones, which was downright bad. But I have high hopes for others on the list:

The Happening, M. Night Shyamalan's first R-rated movie. Something about end-of-the-world movies just makes me all tingly inside.

Wall*E. I don't think I've ever fallen in love with an animated character so quickly. 20 seconds into the trailer and I'm speaking incoherent baby babble.

The X-Files I Want to Believe. And no, I am NOT ashamed. At least I don't want to see the (hopefully) last movie in the Mummy trilogy.

And Tropic Thunder, the movie that will launch a thousand quotes.

Also coming this Summer are the Olympic Games. Recent ads for the games show memorable moments in Olympic history narrated by non other than MORGAN FREEMAN! I have many times expressed my deepest wish that Morgan Freeman would follow me around for a week and narrate everything that happens to me. And seeing these ads gets me ONE STEP CLOSER.

No comments: