Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thursday Becomes Eclectic

So I went to the library tonight to find some books on Denmark so that I'm not a totally ignorant tourist. I found a Frommer's on Denmark that I'm sure will have me adequately prepared for all the learny stuff I'll want to do, and I also picked up Rick Steve's Scandinavia, which not only starts with Denmark, but has a pretty hefty section on Copenhagen. While reading the first page, Mr. Steves informed me that learning Danish will be nearly impossible. Awesome.

While I was at the library, I couldn't help but give in to my guilty pleasure of perusing the music CDs. And I don't think I have ever walked out of there with a more eclectic range of musical styles:

1. Bad Religion's "The Empire Strikes First" (Socio-Political Punk Rock)
2. Walt Disney's Bambi Motion Picture Soundtrack (Children's)
3. DJ Smash presents "Phonography" (Jazz Electric Remix... I never said I had great taste in music, but I'll try any sound once)
4. Folk Implosion's "One Part Lullaby" (Alternative)
5. Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of "The War of the Worlds" (Narrated 1978 Disco Fever) and
6. Phil Collin's "No Jacket Required" (General Pop Rock)

Personally, I can't wait to hear what a musical version of "The War of the Worlds" sounds like.

EDIT: Trippy. It sounds way trippy.

No comments: