Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spectroscope

So I finally started using that Bamboo Wacom thingy I bought back when I got my MacBook, and just in time, too. There's no way I could do this with a teeny tiny track pad:


This is the "spectroscope." I don't know if something of the name already exists or not, but it's pretty much just a formality, so that the critiquers don't say, "That thing you made that looks like a backwards telescope," when they're talking about my project.

Anyway, the spectroscope is one of the products that visitors see when walking through the queue of "Impact." It's a way to see the micro-organisms that are beginning to inhabit the caverns. A few people can take a look at the monitor (at the big end), and one person can move the thing up and down and swivel it left and right to view different organisms.

All of my products are heavy and industrial-looking, to fit with the heaviness of the caverns. And all products further along the storyline of the ride–that you are exploring a newly discovered series of caverns.

No comments: