Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shoots and Boots

So the petina didn't come until this morning, which wouldn't have been enough time to apply it, so I got pictures taken without. But it's alright because our facilities for pictures are severely lacking. But it was fun to see all the shop professors taking picture after picture of every single detail of the desk. And Troyer was really interested in the recipe and process for the soap finish I used on the birch. So many people kept asking me what I was doing as I was applying the soap, and I was surprised to realize that barely anyone, not even most of my professors, had heard of the soap finish before. So I felt all knowledgeable and such. It was nice.



In other news, I need boots! These chucks aren't cutting it. 5 inches of snow magically fell in the three hours between when I fell asleep and when I was jolted awake by my alarm clock. One question: when did it become winter?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thou shalt have boots! We will shop for them when you come home for Christmas.
BTW, isn't it spelled "patina?" When I was doing stained glass work, we applied patina to the solder, to give it a tint. Came in several different colors. I wonder if that's similar? (Although not exactly the same since patina was for metallic surfaces.)

Anonymous said...

You so smart and such.