Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is the Season...

...for MOVIES!

First off, Yes Man. I love Jim Carrey. He can do no wrong. Even when he does weird roles, like the Grinch. He is a comedy GOD! So, naturally, I'm excited about his most recent movie:



I'm also a die hard fan of disaster movies. I'd call it a guilty pleasure, because I don't think I've ever seen a truly fantastic disaster movie. But this trailer for 2012 gives me goosebumps. Could this be the one? (It doesn't come out until July 2009, but I'm including it anyway.)



It stars John Cusack, of which I am also a big fan. I just watched Martian Child and War, Inc. and he did both very well, even though the movies themselves weren't all that spectacular, so at least we'll be looking at a well acted movie? Maybe? I don't know. I pretty much only go to these movies to see the death and destruction via special effects. Good lord, what does that say about me?

Also on the disaster movies front, Knowing comes out in March of 09. It stars Nicholas Cage, of which I'm not the biggest fan. But it doesn't matter because I'll see it anyway. Just like I'll see The Day the Earth Stood Still, with Keanu Reeves, who is my absolute least favorite actor. I have no choice. Here's the trailer for Knowing.



I must admit, the story is pretty cool. And finally, one of the most anticipated movies of the Christmas season, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I am so excited for it because I know it's probably going to be one of the last original movie ideas for a while, considering that the economic crisis is foretelling horrible sequels and feel-good movies.



Get excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Kate. Only one of those actually comes out during christmastime...a little misleading with the title...!

Exclamation Kate said...

Advertising is always misleading... How else would I get people to read my blog if I didn't say it was the most awesomest collecting of words ever typed onto the internets?

Anonymous said...

Techinically,Benjamin Button isn't original since it's based on a short story. But that's what hollywood does anyway. They just make movies out of books. Originality is overrated anyway. Give me another Batman sequel.