Monday, August 25, 2008

Freelance

It has been a hectic week, full of visiting friends and family, packing, driving, and unpacking again. The last two days taking the brunt of it. On Thursday, my peeps at PGAV and elsewhere got together to give me one last hurrah. On the way, I managed to snag a highly dangerous but completely worth it shot of a rainbow. (It's in the lower, center portion of the picture.)



And since the delinquency gave me a rush, I went ahead and took a couple snapshots on the way to Manhattan.

First, the beautiful sky:



Then, the beautiful rolling hills:



Then, of course, a panorama!



I'm sad to have left St. Louis so soon after getting back, but I'm excited for the upcoming semester. There's so much that I want to do, I'm debating on whether to keep my job at P-Sub this year. I've been commissioned to make three chairs for Architecture's plot club, in the style of a previous design of mine:



I would be given the steel frames and tasked with sewing the leather seat and back. They would be connected via zipper, as in the picture above. The perk? I'd get PAID! My first freelance gig! And if I actually get the pay that I'm asking for, it would equal about two months' worth of P-Sub paychecks. All for about a week or two's worth of work. And I would like that very much. If I could manage that for the entire year, I would have no problem saying goodbye to P-Sub. But I'm pretty sure this is a one-time opportunity. Unless the Interior Architecture Plot Club gets all jealous and wants some too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get the pay (for the chairs) that you are asking. BTW, where did you get the Internet access to do this post? And what time of day did you post the entry? I don't understand the timestamps on your blog, because it shows 2 hours from right now (into the future!) as the posting time.

Exclamation Kate said...

Oops, it still has me on Danish time. I'll have to change that. I managed to "steal" a very slow internet connection from our neighbors.

Anonymous said...

OK, so I assume you haven't adjusted the time yet, since your response shows as today at 5:20pm (7 hours into the future)...
Lubboo (and missing you),
Ma

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your visit and hullabulloo last week!!! I was blind. But now I see. I see...

Have fun at school, grasshopper! My two cents on the work situation...do the freelance AND keep the job! lots of money!!!